The Aermotor Windmill – constructed in 1908
The metal wheel is supported by a four-legged metal structure that measures six foot, six inches square at the base. The pumping windmill is an open back geared model that was produced between 1888 and 1915. The windmill is secured in a concrete base (c. 1926) and straddles a small, wooden pump house (c. 1920), which is not original. The windmill pumped drinking water to a holding tank built into the hillside west of the Main House. The windmill stands on the original, hand dug, rock well site, which is identified by an earlier mill in a c. 1885 photograph and a 1902 photograph of ,the ranch. A poured concrete water trough abuts the unit to its south.